Location: Rolling Meadows, IL
The Payroll Specialist shall be responsible for performing a wide variety of record keeping and payroll processing activities, including calculating new hire pay, termination pay, and any required adjustment to normal pay. Ensure that computing of withholdings: 401(k) plan contributions and voluntary or involuntary deductions are done correctly, calculated and entered into ADP for all CEANNATE Corp and its Subsidiaries employees. This individual shall maintain a good system of internal controls as it pertains to Payroll and Human Resources. This individual shall also be responsible for maintaining payroll and related records for the accumulation and use of vacations, holidays, sick days, and miscellaneous leaves of absence. May calculate deductions for group health, life, and disability insurance premiums. Lastly, the Payroll Specialist shall be responsible for reporting up to the Controller with any findings that will impact the employees, company’s financials or internal controls.
- Calculates new hire pay, termination pay, and any required adjustment to normal pay
- Prepares and processes garnishments and other involuntary deductions
- Sets up and reconciles voluntary payroll deductions, prepares reports, identifies and researches exceptions and remits payment to vendors
- Processes garnishments which include child supports, tax levies, student loans, WRIT of garnishments, etc.
- Processes and reconciles 401(k) contributions, withdrawals & loans in compliance with the plan document
- Processes and calculates insurance premiums as a deductions, while maintain accurate records of SCA accumulations.
- Assist in preparation and distribution of a Salaries, Incentives and Benefits variance analysis and detail on a bi weekly, monthly and year-to-date basis for each operating division.
- Verifies that all transactions comply with financial policies and procedures
- Determining and correcting out-of-balance conditions
- Inspecting automated system output such as registers and standard reports
- Collaborates with Human Resource on best practices for employee relations as it relates to payroll.
- Special Projects as assigned.
- Able to work under pressure and with hard deadlines.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to understand all aspects and workflows of the financial reporting and fiduciary responsibilities.
- Able to interact and communicate effectively with other team members.
- Able to work independently.
- Able to analyze data and improve processes.
- Ability to Multi-task
- Commitment to high standard, excellence to ensure “Best in Class” performance.
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance and at least (3) year plus experience with a payroll size greater than 1000 employees is required. Candidate may substitute an Associate’s degree and five (5) plus years of relevant experience.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel and Word; experience with accounting software is preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Great Plaines (GP) a plus
- Knowledge of Department of Labor standards as related to payroll a must, Service Contract Act (SCA) knowledge a plus.
- Knowledge of wage and hour laws
- Knowledge of 401(k) plan administration and compliance experience
- Proficient in ADP Workforce Now
Physical Work Requirements:
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
- Must be able to work late nights when needed to complete job tasks in a timely manner, especially at month end close and during audits.